Roy Chapman Andrews’ Rules for his 1920 Mongolian expedition, according to Alan Nichols of the Explorer’s Club:
– No cussing the weather.
– No grouching against the gasoline in the water.
– No profanity (except the picturesque variety).
– All male members must take share in pumping tires and other work not requiring hot air.
– If male members cannot supply fresh meat on any one day, they will not be allowed to smoke after dinner.
The Expedition and each member is required to:
– Have a thoroughly good time.
– Camp early and start late on general principle.
– Stop and investigate or leave the road and explore whenever desired.